Saturday 24 April 2010

VISION



After many vain attemps to split or dislodge a rock, Umar went to the Prophet (pbuh) who took the pickaxe from him and gave the rock a blow at which a flare as of lightning flashed back as of the city and towards the South.

He gave it another blow and again there was a flash but in the direction of Uhud and beyond it towards the North.

A third blow split the rock into fragments and this time the light flashed eastwards.

Salman saw the three flashes and understood that they must have some significance. So he asked for the interpretation from the Prophet (pbuh) who said :

“Did you see them Salman? By the light of the first I saw the castles of Yemen; by the light of second I saw the castles of Syria; by the third I saw the white palace Of Kisra at Mada’in. Through the first God opened up to me the Yemen, through the second He opened to me Syria and the West, through the third, the East!”

No comments:

Post a Comment